Alfa Laval Aalborg is the world's market leader in supplying marine thermal fluid heating systems. Within this product range is the Aalborg TFO product, which is a oil- or gas-fired thermal fluid heater.
In addition to engineering and production of the thermal fluid heater units, which we deliver complete with burner and control system, Alfa Laval Aalborg supplies the following equipment:
- Expansion tanks
- Dump coolers
- Tank cleaning heaters
- Heat exhangers
- Electrical heaters
- Unfired steam boilers
- Spare parts
Safety and control systems
Alfa Laval Aalborg's thermal fluid systems can be supplied with an in-house devloped PLC-operate controle panel. Through the 12inch touch screen of this control panel, the operator has a clear overview of the complete heating system and its status. The different kind of field-bus connections for communication mean that connecting a second touch screen and/or connecting the system to a central alarm is very simple.
Features and benefits
- Constructed with a double coil system of large bare tubes
- Removable top plate provide access for inspection and cleaning of the coils
- Vertical or horizontal execution
- Thermal fluid cooled flue gas bottom plate option
- Low thermal fluid pressure drop
- Three-pass flue gas configuration
- Heavy insulation jacket
- Capacity: 100 - 15,000 kW
- Design pressure: 10/13 bar(g)
- Thermal fluid design temperature: 280ºC
Så fungerar det
Thermal fluid systems
Thermal fluid systems on ships are used to supply heat for various kinds of heat consumers like fuel oil tanks, separators and fuel heaters and to heat all types of cargo such as bitumen, oil products and chemicals.
Also tank washing systems, steam generators and central heating systems are typical fields of application.
In thermal fluid systems, the produced heat is transferred to the ship’s heat consumers by means of a transfer fluid, usually a mineral oil.
Pumps circulate the fluid through the closed system, passing the fuel oil fired heaters and economisers. The fluid remains in liquid phase during the entire process enabling high temperatures with the lowest pressures possible.The simplicity of the system and the preserving nature of the oil makes this a very reliable and low maintenance solution. The system is easy to operate and due to the system design the thermal oil has a long lifetime.
Advantages for shipyards
- Fast and professional proposals
- Complete engineered system solutions
- More than 30 years of experience in thermal fluid technology
- In-house production of core products
- Simple system with a limited number of components to be installed
- Delivery of all necessary system components
- Compact heaters with a small footprint
- Small heating surface in the tanks
- Extensive list of references
Advantages for shipowners
- High temperatures with low pressures
- Fully automatic safety system
- Low fuel consumption
- Easy operation
- Low maintenance costs
- Long life of thermal fluid due to the optimal system design
- Innovative capabilities of the complete Aalborg Industries Group
- Integrated PLC control and Energy
- Management System (EMS)
- Global After Sales support network